Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I married my best friend!

We did it. We're married! I counted down the days hours and minutes, and now they are gone. Just like that. But the memories we made that weekend will last forever. Or until I'm old and can't remember, which is why I will share them here.

Dec. 11th, 2013
The bridal shower

Shay threw my bridal shower for me. It was awesome. It was weird when I finally realized that it was my bridal shower...mine?!That made the whole engagement/wedding more real! I had a great turn out and felt very loved. The food was great and the decorations were cute! I have some pretty awesome friends and family! 


The Bachelorette Party!!
(dinner at georges corner then back to the apt. for gifts)

 


Dec. 27th, 2013

Rehearsal dinner/dance



The rehersal dinner/dance party was a success! We had a great turnout of family and friends, so thank you all who came! Ethan and I felt very loved! Shannon (the new mother in-law) made a killer dish of cafe rio style food and I believe it was loved by all! Then we danced. I'll be honest I was super nervous for the dancing because Eth's family is big into it and I just can't seem to dance all that well. They even book DJ Lex and have been known to get the best rated dance party groups, so I couldn't disappoint! However, I surprised myself and probably many others and actually got out there and danced. It was a party! Ethan and I danced our "first dance" to the song Heaven, bryan adams. The first dance was something I'll always remember. We had the DJ play our parents and married siblings first dance songs throughout the night as well as some modern fun ones for the younger generations to go nuts too, and belive me they did! All in all... Great night!!









Dec 28th, 2013

 The wedding day!



I could hardly sleep the night before, it was worse than Christmas eve. too much excitement. Whitney, mom, and Shay helped me get ready that morning. Just like we had done for all us girls. Kyson and Grandpa made chocolate chip pancakes for us! Then mom dad, and I headed off to the temple! From the moment we entered the temple to the time we had our grand exit, I felt so much love and gratitude. For all the family and friends witnessing our sealing. The ladies who assisted my  mom and I getting ready. The wonderful man who performed our sealing. Heavenly father for making this all possible to be sealed for time and all eternity to our best friends, our loved ones, our family....my husband!! The temple was an amazing place to be married and I encourage everyone to make that a goal of yours. Don't settle for anything less.











The reception..


We had the reception that night from 6-8 at one of the chapel gyms in Hurricane. I feel like the decorations were a huge hit, and they turned out pretty much how I imagined and hoped they would. I have wonderful extended family who always comes to help set up the day before! We served hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. How appropriate for a winter wedding, right!? And surprisingly we even got to enjoy some of it! We had a wonderful turn out from both sides of the wedding party. Especially for having it during Christmas break and so close to new years. We have awesome support! Thank you all who made it! We cut the cake, which Eth so kindly smeared on my face then backed away before I could get even! Then we had our sparkler exit! I love sparklers, eth knew that and so we searched everywhere for some...with no luck. But thanks to some great family friends they were able to find some and end our wonderful weekend with some sparks!










The honeymoon!

Jk I won't go into too much detail here. Eth's parents rented a place here in Washington, so we wouldn't have to drive too far late at night. We LOVED this place. It's called The Honeymoon Trails Then went up to provo/orem/salt lake for the rest of our trip. Basically we just did whatever, whenever! The best part was just getting to spend so much one on one time with my new husband. He spoiled me. Took me shopping and kept asking what I wanted and suggesting I could get some new clothes, jewelery, chocolates, anything! I love him. One of the exciting things we did was go to a place called provo beach where we played giant croquette and did a big ropes course! We had a really good time and it was hard to come back to real every day life. But one thing that made it easier is realizing we were coming back to it together! No more saying goodbye...only goodnight!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment