Monday, September 29, 2014

fall is coming!!

I told myself one thing when I started this blog...don't ever feel like something is too small to blog about. I haven't blogged in a while because I was feeling as if nothing monumental or "blog worthy" had happened. That's bogus. The reason I started this blog was to share the every day experiences and happenings in our life that I hope to remember and can look back at some day.

Today, as I'm sitting on my parents back porch, I can't help but think of so many things to be grateful for. #1 is this amazing fall weather that just came out of nowhere. I can't believe I'm saying this but I am actually a little chilly out here. How great is that?! Fall is by far my favorite season.

Cooler weather * changing leaves * boots * scarfs * jackets * hot chocolate * cuddling * evening walks

Life has been crazy and busy lately. Which, when has that ever been a bad thing? I would rather be busy than have nothing but time on my hands. Being busy makes me feel alive, it makes me feel like I am accomplishing and working towards something. It makes me happy. The house has been more quite than I'd like lately. Ethan leaves so early every morning for his PT works outs for ROTC. Which is then followed by school and straight to work. He seems to be enjoying his schedule but always looks forward to the weekends! If I am feeling really productive my mornings consist of running/working out, reading my scriptures, cleaning and household chores, then working on my Medical Transcription Editing course.
Since starting my new job I've only been working part time with the expectation of starting full-time in December. Often, Ethan has to remind me to enjoy the free time I have now since I will soon be loosing it. I however, have to remind him that I can't stand to have so much free time. I am trying to make the most of it by attending the temple and working on as many crafts as I can handle, but I am looking forward to putting more hours in at work. Young married couples could always use the extra cash!  I am really enjoying the new office. Working with kids at a dental office is something I never saw myself doing....and yet now I can't imagine working anywhere else. My boss is amazing my co-workers are sweet, and the kids make it all worth it!
When Ethan and I are finally both home from our daily responsibilities, it's usually off to our institute class, intramural games, or hanging with other couples! We are pretty blessed to have some great friends.
We are gaining a love for our primary kids and even a love for teaching. These kids are so smart it's not very often we don't go a Sunday without them teaching us a thing or two. This gospel is true and it's wonderful to see these kids bare testimony of that every Sunday in such a simple innocent way.

Now Since, I've been slacking on posting, I'm going to do a photo-catch up! The pictures are random but I feel they go along with this sporadic post just nicely. :)

Last weekend we had the opportunity to attend a friends wedding up in draper. Such a beautiful temple! 


                      

And like every good temple trip we had to go out for ice cream afterwards!!


 Kyson was trying to teach Ethan how to fly his remote control airplanes. I really wish I could upload the video ;)


Fall wouldn't be complete without our Dixie Intramural teams, flag football and outdoor soccer.




No comments:

Post a Comment