Monday, May 9, 2016

H< 3ME

*Life has been flllyyyiinnngg by lately. Literally, how is it already May. I can't seem to keep up with blogging, but because it's my goal & I want it bad enough, I'll continue posting even late updates. :) *

Stopped by the Temple a few weeks ago on my lunch break and snapped this beauty. 
Gosh, It's pretty!! 
Work, well life in general can be long and rough and draining. Spending even just an hour sitting on the temple grounds, listening, reading, or studying, can have a huge impact on the rest of your week. It can change the way you think, and speak. It is a nice little reminder of what's important in life. Who you are. Who loves you most! And a good motivator to keep trying your best and making the most of this earthly life.

Lately I've been so in LOVE with St.G. Maybe it's mostly due to the weather change, but lately while we've been out driving around town I note how beautiful  the mt, the view or just the overall lighting of town are. Am I the only one who notices how majestic the lighting over this little town can be? Sounds cheesy, but I absolutely mean it! I think because I grew up here, I often take for granted this amazing and unique land that we live in.  And growing up I think it's only normal to always be wondering and excited for when and where you'll go next! Being in the Military I'm not sure where life will take us or when. I just know that I need to enjoy living here now and making the most of all that it has to offer. 

Living so close to our families has been another HUGE blessing. Ethan and I are both the adventure seeking kind, him a little more than me! We are always talking about where we'll go next and the possibilities of places we could end up. In fact, I'm the only one in my family who probably won't stay in Hurricane most or all of my life. Granted Washington, Ut is not that far away. haha  Believe me I know how uncommon it is for one, let alone all of the kids in one family to still live within 15 miles from home. I know there will come a time when we are separated by cities and states and I have confidence and am proud to say that we have been building and working on our relationships to withstand the distance and remain more than just family, but friends. I love the bond we have, especially between my twin sister & I. <3

********
One of mine & Ethan's favorite things to do lately has been to go explore the walking trails around St.G. Does that make us sound old to admit our hobbies include walking?! Doesn't even bother me! We actually found this one just below our house. Nothing official or paved but beautiful nonetheless.  

Hope you all didn't miss the latest IRONMAN race here in St.George. Ethan had a friend competing in the race so we were up bright & early to watch in awe and cheer them all on as they raced right passed our house! How could you get a more perfect location for a race. You can't. St.George offered breathtaking views of the surrounding canyons, as well as a fairly warm climate for this early-season race. The strength both physically and mentally it would take to compete is just more than I can even comprehend. I'd feel like a champion if I could even make it through a half marathon. Some day! ;) Congrats to all those who participated & helped with such an exciting race!



No comments:

Post a Comment