Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cadet Janson at CIET

June 17th 2015. The day I sent my husband off for his first official Military training, CIET. And the first time we have ever been apart for more than a couple of days. Try 28 days!! Never in my life did I think I would be married to a Soldier and claim the tittle of an army wife. As hard as this month will be I am so excited for the experiences and knowledge Ethan will gain. CIET is basically a four week classroom & field training program. I know what you might be thinking...it's just 28 days. And yes I survived 20 years without him that what's 28 days?! After being together constantly for the past 2 1/2 years of dating/marriage, it's sad to think about going even a day without him.
I realize the only way this month will be bearable is to make the most of every day and choose to be happy. The way I see it is I have a month to improve myself before Eth gets back. So the plan is to stay busy busy busy!!
Even with how hard the next month may be, I realize how blessed I am to be so close to family and supportive friends. I'm also looking forward to how much I can learn and grow from the trials I will face being away from my love. I know that Ethan will be watched over and blessed while he is away and that I will be comforted as well. Ethan gave me one of the most needed blessings the night before he left and it's one I'll never forget. I am so grateful for a worthy priesthood holder in my life and the willingness he has to bless our lives with it's power. I will miss him so much and am already counting down the days until I get to pick him up from the airport and bring him home with me. :) 27 days left!!

Love you madly Cadet Janson 


 It was wonderful being able to watch him board the plane. And look at that adorable last wave & smile. 





2 comments:

  1. Awe Shauni! I wish we lived closer so we could hangout more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! That picture just makes my stomach/heart hurt for you! Its always harder for the person being left behind.. but I'm sure Ethan is missing his sweet wife too!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete