Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week One

Wow, can't believe how fast & slow this first week has gone! I still have 20 days left, but on the Brightside I have managed to survive 8 days without Ethan. For me, that is a HUGE accomplishment. I sent out his first letters & packages this last Monday so he should be getting them all now and I am dying waiting to hear back. The hardest part for me is waiting to hear how he's doing? I can just imagine he is loving most of it! Yet, it's hard not being able to call and check on my husband. One thing I have found that somewhat helps is to document and write to him what I've been up to while he's away. So here's what my first week looked like.

This week I have managed to stay EXTRA busy thanks to my family! From camping, to kitchen demolition, to spin class, I've been busy!!

Ethan and the other cadets had their phones for the first three days and then they were taken away Saturday evening. One of the hardest last phone calls we've shared. But being the man that knows just what I need, he text me a few times before they took them that night just to tell me he loved me again. Oh how I adore him!!

My twin sis Shay, her husband, and their siblings, were heading up to Kolob Mt. that night and seeing how hard it was for me to say goodbye to my husband, she knew I needed to get away and invited me to come. She was so right. I love the mountains, there's something so calming and peaceful about just existing in the mountains.






I have been taking my camera a lot more trying to get some use out of it and learn how to use it, so Maren & Morgan let me practice some head shots. I'm no photographer, but they turned out cute because of my models




Camping wasn't the only fun thing we accomplished this week. Mom has been dying to redo her kitchen so dad finally struck her a deal. He got a new motor cycle and she gets a new kitchen . We decided that while I'm living here they might as well do it this week with the extra hands. Just so happens I had work off this whole week as well! 

I don't think I've been so dirty in my entire life. And this wasn't even the after picture!! Mom wouldn't let me in the house until they sprayed me down with the hose like a dog! Whit and mom had me lean over the side of the tramp and washed my hair. It felt better than being at a salon ;) And when I'm already soaked and on the tramp why not strip the kids into their diapers and run through the sprinklers with them!! 


As hot and tiring as it was, I had a lot of fun doing such a big hands on project with my dad. Usually it would be Skyler or Kyson helping him out, but since they were both not here, I got to have some fun tearing out the ceiling. Bring on the cabinets! Before and After pictures will follow sometime in the next month!  



This last week we have challenged ourselves to really make it an active day, everyday! Shay and I went on bike rides, walks, and to spin class. And now I'm pretty sure I am addicted to Spin! This week has been hard, but sometimes working out gives you such a high, I look forward to it every night! 

#bikergang


Oh and guess who's brave and went to the dentist. I use the word BRAVE because I had these two gals working on my teeth!!  (upward shots are so not flattering but I am posting it anyways to show off these cute assistants)



She is my person. I wouldn't have made it through week one without her.











No comments:

Post a Comment