Saturday, December 2, 2017

40 W E E K S + 3 days

 40 Weeks

& 3 days

40 weeks of knowing, growing and loving you. Happy due date sweet baby girl! 

You have so many people excited to meet you, but I think most of all, your daddy and I can hardly contain ourselves. You have invaded almost every thought and conversation as we await your arrival and dream of who you might be! 

I'm officially  3 days over my due date!!! I did not see that coming. With my mom and older sister both going at least a week early and sooner I've kind of been counting on that. So now I really don't have a clue what is going to happen. Most likely I will need to be induced next week. Only time will tell. 

Baby is the size of:
  Baby girl is still about the size of a pumpkin but being almost a week overdue she could be any size. Who knows but I'm dying to find out! PLEASE just don't be over 8lbs, I'm not prepared for that!
 Updates:
  •  At last weeks appointment, I had my membranes stripped with just a bit of cramping and then nothing. So this week when I had to meet with another doctor I had her give it a shot. The next day I started bleeding a bit and feeling a lot of lower pressure. I called my doctor (and mom) who suggested I go be seen in L&D just to be sure everything was Ok. We discovered the I was dilated to a 2, 60% effaced and actually having contractions. That part really shocked me because I'm not feeling them. They told me they were moderate ones and most women would be filling the. I guess so far I'm a lot like my mom who never felt them until the very end. They kept us at the hospital for a few hours but eventually had to let us go because the contractions weren't escalating. 
  • We've been trying everything!! Walking, bouncing on the yoga ball, spicy food, pedicure, massages, even jumping jacks, squats, and jogging in the parking lot. She is just not ready! Mostly I've just been trying to stay patient! It's thinning out! 

Next Doctor Appointment:

Monday, December 4th, 2017 
@ Fort Gordon Hospital


Best moment this week:

  • Ethan got out of the field early! He was supposed to be out there from Monday-Friday. However, because of our little trip to L&D Wednesday evening they just never made him come back out. They figured he'd just get called right back out. Well, we all know that didn't happen. His whole class was so pumped and excited for him. Everyone keeps asking him if he's a daddy yet and calling him papa or daddy. They all cheered for him when I called him home Wednesday night and they are even calling dibs who gets to hold the baby first. Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen. Sorry Strangers! haha
  • My parents fly out on Tuesday!!!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment