Saturday, May 10, 2014

This time last year...

Wow, time flies. I say this all the time. probably too much. Just this week a year ago, I was in Hawaii with some of my best friends!! However most importantly, this day last year was the day Eth and I shared our first kiss!! Awww ;) But really, it was awesome! We snuck out of our condo at 5 am to a deserted beach before our flight left!  What a life changing kiss..as cheesy as it sounds. No joke though, from that day on Eth and I were inseparable.  A lot has changed since Hawaii... but I wouldn't change any of it. New job, new house, new relationship status, new friends...just new! I've learned a lot about other people, but most importantly...about myself! I love where life has taken me and I'm so blessed to have Ethan in my life. He makes me so happy. No one can make me laugh more than he can. I think he's so funny. He thinks I'm probably the only person who thinks he's funny. Some nights we'll just lay in bed talking and laughing and then I get this overwhelming feeling of happiness when I realize this is my life, this is what I have to look forward to for eternity. The happiness I feel now, plus so much more!



So this is probably one of the only pictures we have of just the two of us from our Hawaii trip. Too bad i look like a wet dog. oh well, that's not the point. The point is that I love it because it brings back sooo many memories. Good memories. We swam with turtles this day...ah take me back!!



Luckily for us the Condo we rented happen to be about a block away from the Hawaii Temple so we got to drive by it every day. We went to the visitors center and talked with the sister missionaries and that's when I took this picture. I wish we would have had/made time to go do baptisms while we were there. Oh well, guess we'll just have to go back!



The gang on a little canoe ride at the Polynesian cultural center. Yeah, I totally got to ride on the front! Pretty exciting place. Learned a lot of cool stuff their about different cultures and even watched a cool dance/play production involving fire!


One of our many beach days. These guys were awesome to travel with.


Anyways, as much as I loved Hawaii and that warm tropical heat I wouldn't trade it for what I am doing now. As I'm sitting here writing this I can hear the amazing thunder storm outside. One that my husband and I just enjoyed together, cuddling under an umbrella, watching the lightening strike. Four months married and couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment