Thursday, July 10, 2014

J U L Y 4 T H

What a wonderful 4th of July,  spent with the people I love most!

We went to the annual BBQ with the spendlove clan in hurricane to kick off the evening.  Yummy food,  including my grandpa's famous potatoe salad, containing the perfect amount of pickles. Great company to mingle with including the Spanish missionaries.  And the weather in hurricane almost corporated....ALMOST.  We did make it a good couple of hours befor a not so surprising gust of crazy wind rolled on in. But what do you expect living in a town named Hurricane?  We've come to expect it anytime we plan an outdoor event. Odds are it will be *perfect* outside right up until your party begins.  Ugh,  that's hurricane for ya.  Anyways Ethan and I had just taken off on shay and Tysons motor scooter for what we expected to be a joyous and relaxing night ride. Well that didn't last long before we were being pelted by sand, rocks,  and any other flying objects the wind managed to sweep up.  We barely escaped with our lives!! (the proposal)
All in all,  it was a fun filled, adventure captivating BBQ!
 

We then took off to St. George for the best part of July 4th celebrations....FIREWORKS!! This year's display was bomb mostly due to the fact that we watched them on our friends roof. They actually happen to live across from the temple which means we were basically sitting underneath the fireworks! I was very satisfied with our day! How could I not be though?  With the family, friends,  and husband I have in my life, there's never a dull moment!!
 
 
 
However, the holiday weekend was just getting started.  Saturday we made it up to Zion with Whit, Adam and Berkeley! Since we had a baby with us we agreed to just do a short simple hike. I believe we did the lower end of Emerald pools and It was beautiful. The trails seemed to have hikers from all over the world that day. Zion is one famous place! I actually really enjoyed seeing all the different cultures and hearing the accents of various types of people.
 
We are so lucky to have Adam, Whitney, and Berkley living back in Southern Utah to go on adventures with. Here's to many many more! 
 
Ethan managed to capture some really great pictures of us all and especially some with me and my furry friend. The squirrels up there in Zion are just scampering across the path around you without any fear. This little guy came right up to me and tried getting to the snacks in my camo bag. Brave little fella. I swear I became the center of attention as other hikers cameras started flashing at me and this little curious creature.
 
I'm only adding this one for Ethan's sake. He is quite impressed with his photography skills in this photo. I for one would be very impressed...if it were of anyone but me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment