Saturday, August 9, 2014

Twins in scrubs!



Sometimes the universe doesn't give us exactly what we want, when we want it, because maybe there's something better down the road, just waiting for us to stumble across it.


-Rebecca Fox


I think if there's anyone who understands this quote so well right now, that's me. Sometimes you are on a path you feel is right for you at that time. You think you are happy and everything is going so well...then all of a sudden it changes. Then you have two choices. Be upset and confused...or be patient and know that God is in charge.

For those of you that weren't aware, I found myself unemployed during the middle of the summer. A little upset and confused by the situation, I was not handling it well. I moped and dreaded the idea of job hunting all over again. After a while of feeling sorry for myself and love from my husband, I got up the motivation and polished up my old resume. After a month of searching, applying, interviewing, and waiting....and waiting some more...I was offered a Dental Assistant position at Child Friendly Dental!! Starting pay was even very generous! I can't tell you how blessed we were during the time I was out of work. Ethan was awesome and picked up extra hours and random jobs. Family took good care of us as well. Heavenly father saw that we were taken care of.  One thing I learned through the last month was that you don't have to have it all to be happy! Everyday my happiness was up to me!

I just finished my first week there and have come to a conclusion. I was not happy at my previous job. I was simply content. This new office has amazing and friendly co-workers, the opportunity to work one on one with children, and much better hours. And I never would have found this job if it weren't for a little prompting to go in and apply from the spirit. If you know me at all, you know I hate blood and guts and anything to do with it...I never pictured myself in the dental field working in people's mouth. So accepting this job was a little tough to decide to do. But surprisingly...I love it!! 

What's crazy is that my twin Shay and I both got offered the same position at different offices and started the same day! Neither one of us were looking for these dental field jobs, but we both already love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment