Thursday, November 6, 2014

What Matters.

As we grow up we realize it's less important to have lots of friends, and more important to have real ones.

I'm going to share something I feel stupid admitting too. And before I start I'd like to make it clear this was back in high school when I knew less about the world and even less about me. 
There was a list. And sometimes even a very real figurative list, I had written down all my friends. Which for a high school girl could range so widely depending on the day/week alone. I somehow told myself that my happiness and social status should be the product of the amount of people and social status of the people I had on this list. Enough. About 6 to 7 years later I know how stupid this list really was. But I know I can't be the only one who thought like this. Whether you sat down and made an actual list with pen on paper or formed one in your head, it's wrong. 
I've learned, in an embarrassingly long amount of time, that it's not about the number of friends you have, or the social status of said friends. It's about the friends who matter. For me it's my family, they matter. My sisters, they matter. My mom, she matters. My husband, he matters. Those few close friends who've been there over the years, they matter. And knowing that now I really need make sure I am being a real freind to others, that matters.

Some of my very best friends. Because a normal picture just wouldn't be any fun!


I realize and am so grateful to be blessed with such amazing sisters and mom. We are all so close and can't get enough of our Girls nights. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have any sisters. And I'm even more lucky to have them all so close in age. One of my favorite things about my sisters is their example to being friends with everyone. I don't think we've had a single girls night where we haven't invited another friend/girl to join us. The more the merrier!  

This was our latest GNO. DIY Maxi Skirts!! Even those precious babies got a few.


My first ever homemade Maxi Skirts!! So easy and so fun. Ask me how!



1 comment:

  1. MAKE ME A SKIRT SHAUN JOVI! Probably.. NOW! Seriously those are so cute.

    ReplyDelete