Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving and Tree Traditions


Well It's been a calm and beautiful fall! I couldn't wait to see the bright yellow/orange leafs come in and just like always they are gone too fast! These pictures were just some I snapped of the kids with grandpa on a walk in the leaves. He is such a great grandpa and dad.


 Thanksgiving day we got woken up to a phone call from uncle Chad to have Ethan go play in the turkey bowl football game with all the guys. After the game we got our potato assignment ready and headed to Grandma and vera/paulas house for thanksgiving dinner. The food was good, the company even better! Overall I think Ethan enjoyed his Thanksgiving nap the most!  It was a good firsts Thanksgiving married!!



 Liam was happier than he looks to watch the football game with me!


Of course he'll smile for a picture with grandma. Oh and riding in the back of grandpas truck my have had something to do with his cheesy grin! 


I can't believe Christmas is just a few weeks away. This year I gave in a little too early and put up our tree the day before Thanksgiving :/ I know, you have to give Thanksgiving it's time! Honestly, though we had a great thanksgiving. Just very relaxing and good to be with family! The day after thanksgiving we went out for one of my favorite traditions, our annual Christmas tree hunt! We drove out to Kanab where we took dinner to the church and played soccer with our cousins. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did watching my dad play soccer with all of us. Not too shabby! 



To be clear, our house can fit a bigger tree than that, we just already had a fake one so we wanted a little one for extra decoration. Ethan did a great job cutting it down and he even refused to use the chainsaw, convinced he could do just fine with the blade. And he did!



We are definitely twins, showing up to the mountain in matching outfits!! 
{tan jacket, black pants, brown boots, and sunglasses) 


Love my brother! 



Don't judge, the wind was blowing and I barely had makeup on! But who can resist kissing your man on the mountain!





How cute are they!? Life would be so boring without nieces/nephews!!



Everyone knows what comes after Thanksgiving....Black Friday!!
This year we thought, "Hey, go big or go home!" haha
(jk, we found this outside a grocery store in Kanab)


One long weekend and a sick kid later meant uncle Ethan got to snuggle! You have to understand this rarely happens without grandma being the recipient, so he really enjoyed it!



No comments:

Post a Comment