Saturday, August 1, 2015

Floating with Family

Wow, what a fun weekend!! Mom and Dad found a killer spot up on the Sevier River and decided to take us all kayaking down it. We met up at 7 am, carpooled up, and floated down a good chunk of river. We started at the Big Rock Candy Mountain and made it a few miles down stream twice. Note to reader, the mountain is not made of candy...mom learned that the hard way when she was a kid!  Minus a few exciting and quick paced areas the rest of the river was soooo relaxing. I found myself just closing my eyes and listening to nothing but the peaceful sounds of the water...as long as the kids weren't crying. haha After the first time down they got the hang of it and started to enjoy themselves too.  Honestly, my family is the best part of me and I love whatever we do when it's with them!  

I love love having siblings my own age. They are our built in best friends!! So grateful we found two totally different but wonderful men who became family but choose to be friends. These two dare devils each took a turn flipping their kayaks, luckily they both survived ;)


Love the beautiful women in my life! Just missing Whitney but we excused her seeing as how she is pregnant and due in about 8 weeks and nauseous!! We missed your family whit!! I am blessed with the best family. 



We ended at this really cute spot on the river with that gorgeous bridge. And in the background you can see those trains that they refurnished into rooms you can rent out! Maybe next time we'll rent one out. Check out the spunk this little one year old has!! Nieces and nephews have a special place in your heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment