Thursday, November 16, 2017

38 WEEKS

38 Weeks


Baby is the size of:
  Baby girl is about the size of a spaghetti squash! Almost 7 lbs and over 19.5 inches as an estimate. At this point, all her organs are functioning on their own and she could be welcomed into the world anytime now. Although we are trying not to get our hopes up in case she already has plans to stay in there until she's forced out. 
 Symptoms:
  •  I have to admit, I thought I would feel worse by this point. Don't get me wrong, I am sore and tired most often but nothing terrible.
  • I haven't had any known contractions yet. We did start curbing (when you walk one foot on the curb the other off, so you're walking unbalanced.) My sister swears by it to get the baby moved down into position so we're giving it a try. Anyways, I did start having either contractions or just cramping while doing that so at least something is happening. 
  • HEARTBURN. "This baby is gonna be so worth it" -Me
  • Warning TMI: I was checked yesterday on Tuesday and show no signs of dilation yet, but am very soft. After being checked I was spotting and show signs that my mucus plug is on it's way out! TMI...I warned you!  
  • I notice my stomach getting really tight one moment and then soft the next, so I'm assuming that's contractions but not hurting so I'm not complaining! 
  • At my last checkup I was measuring at 36 weeks for the third week in a row, so If I am still measuring at 36 weeks next week, my doctor will order another ultrasound. I am also scheduled to get my membranes stripped on my next visit!
Next Doctor Appointment:

Tuesday, November 21st 
@ Fort Gordon Hospital

Best moment this week:
  • Realizing we are two weeks out! Give or take a week! If she doesn't come on her own, we are getting induced on either Dec. 4th or 5th, which is when my parents will be getting here! That's the one plus side of going past my due date!
  • Ethan bought a car!! He has been searching for the past three and a half months that we've been out here, which has meant traveling a few hours each weekend to go test drive cars. I'm proud of his decision though because he originally just wanted a "fun to drive", two-door car but after researching and giving our growing family some thought he found the perfect car for him and our family. 
Happiness to Ethan right now is the smell of a new car!
2015 Ford Focus ST (Sports Edition)


No comments:

Post a Comment