Monday, September 9, 2019

Spendlove Family Reunion Year 2

This July we had our Second annual Spendlove Family Reunion up on Pine Valley, Ut. My family has always been pretty close and doing stuff quite regularly but I'm still so glad we've dedicated a few days each summer to spending time up in the mountains as a family with no other distractions. The grandkids all love to be together and the rest of us enjoy watching them together and playing games as adults. I love having my siblings as my best friends as an adult. Growing up I used to think I HAD to have best friends that weren't related or it didn't count. Now I realize it's even more special to call those closely related to me my true best friends. This year was a real treat to include Austyn and Brandon in our yearly traditions. They are Ethan's cousins but have honestly become more like siblings to us. Mom actually wants to adopt them so you know their family when she feels that way. We swam at Veyo Pool and got pies from the best local pie shop. Ooh and found a yummy ice cream shop right there in the little town of Pine Valley. After ice cream and a day at the park, we took the kids to a cool little bug shop to see the collection of a man who works for the Smithsonian and has a little display room in Pine Valley. It was beautiful weather and we made lifelong memories so all in all, it was a perfect weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment