Sunday, October 26, 2014

Save-A-Sister 5k

 This weekend we ran the annual Save-A-Sister 5k in honor of breast cancer awareness. The best part was training and running with my mother in-law and cancer survivor, Shanon. This year Shannon had a goal to be able to run the whole distance without having to stop, even once, like last year. The last couple of weeks we've been running together early Monday mornings. Then of course a nice little Yoga session afterwards. I can now say I've tried....and like yoga! Thanks for introducing me to it Shannon. And thanks to my family for coming to support Shannon and other breast cancer victims and survivors. I'm very happy to say that Shannon and I beat our goal! She did awesome!


Team Shannon!!

  

My family was so great to come run with us! Berkley had so much fun running her first 5k! Cutest little racer out there!


This is one of my favorite pictures from the race. The announcer said "we have a breast cancer survivor coming in" and Shannon threw her hand up as the crowd cheered her across the finish line. So grateful for her strength to beat cancer and her attitude for supporting those who are still battling.


Kyson took first in his age group and I took third so we got a cute little medal and gift. Shayli took fifth, Shannon took fourth, and Steve took first.




Side note: we missed Ethan running with us this year! He totally would have been there to support his mom if he didn't have drill this weekend. But I'm grateful he does what needs to be done even if it means missing out. Speaking of missing out, he also had to miss our primary program today. Luckily the kids weren't too crazy today and Ethan would have been proud of them! Still, I will be very grateful to have him back next Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment