Sunday, July 26, 2015

Home at last!!

Oh happy day! My husband is back!! His flight didn't come in until 9:40 pm so work that day was LONG. After work I met up with Shay and my mom for dinner and finally headed out to the airport....a little early! He called me from his layover in Denver letting me know there were 3 Elders flying home with him. I got thinking about all those kids coming home to big families with posters, balloons, and screaming girls So of course I had to make a sign for him. 
I honestly was excited to see him but didn't expect the reaction he got out of me. As soon as I saw him turn the corner I jumped and screamed a little. My next thought was holy crap he looks so skinny. (He lost about 10 lbs.) Then pushing through the crowded airport (yes crowded, in st.george) I ran to him and  jumped into his arms as he picked me up hugging me. Felt like we were in our own little scene from the movies. After we could finally let go of each other he hugged his parents and my mom, then he was straight back to me! We walked over to grab his bags and basically wouldn't let me out of his reach. 
While we were waiting for his luggage a man approached us and shook Ethan's hand. Turns out they were sitting next to each other on the plane ride in from Denver. Ethan introduced us and the man then proceeded to tell me something in the most sincere tone that I will never forget.

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you. I had the privilege or sitting next to your husband and  I just wanted you to know he spoke so highly about you and you could tell he really loves you. Your husband is a really great man. Thank you for your service. Good bless you both."

Seeing him, I fell in love with him all over again <3




1 comment:

  1. These pictures make me so emotional! I don't know how you did that!

    ReplyDelete