Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WEEK THREE

Best week so far. My soldier surprised me by calling home!! He was able to get his phone for an evening during the week and also got it back on the fourth for the holiday. :) It was so great to hear how well he is doing and really enjoying it. I can't tell you how much easier it all is knowing that he is doing well! He also tells me that his squad has been coming in first in all their events. Proud army wife!
 We are officially on the countdown side of the month. I am not sure whether that's making it easier or harder! It's best to not think about the date or days left.  I will admit, as hard as it was communicating with just snail mail, those were some of the sweetest letters I have received from him. Reminded me of writing him on his mission. And having his thoughts to me in letters is something I'll have forever to go back and reread whenever!

Friday Kaylyn and I spent the day at Sand Hallow. We kayaked around the island and relaxed just floating on the lake. It was the perfect day, literally!! The storm clouds were rolling in making it perfect weather, and when the rain clouds just missed us we found the lake pretty much to ourselves. We spent a lot of time just talking about life and enjoying the beauty around us. So grateful for friends and long chats in the summer sun!



I was so excited to hear from Ethan on the Fourth of July. We were able to text/talk all day long and it was just what I needed. Not to mention all the fun pictures he sent. He should be getting his phone back Thursday night and gets to keep it until he comes home :) He's even more good looking than I remembered! 




Country concert put on for the soldiers!!


Ethan had the privilege to meet Major General Combs. "She is kind of a big deal." (Ethan;s words)



For the fourth of July, we had a BBQ in Skyler & Melissa's backyard. These kids could live on this teeter-tater of we'd let them! The kids have been a blessing to keep me busy this past month and the quickest way to put a smile on my face.


Speaking of putting a smile on my face...My parents have been the best support fwor me and always making sure I am happy and busy. The other day my dad came in before church and said come on, lets go for a ride. Just what I needed. Just closing my eyes, wind blowing through my hair, not thinking about anything, just enjoying myself. 


One thing I've learned over this past three weeks is that I determine my happiness. No one else. If I want to have a good day, whether I get a letter or phone call or not, it's all about my attitude. This month has made me stronger and I'm grateful for the hard times I've had to more enjoy the good ones! 



1 comment:

  1. cute!! looks like you are having a good/busy time! :)

    ReplyDelete