Thursday, August 24, 2017

26 Weeks + Our Big Move






  Wednesday, Aug 23rd, 2017

26 Weeks


Feeling all the feels this week as I am almost to my third Trimester! Time is FLYING. Here is a quick 26-week update for my little (but growing) baby bump.

Baby is the size of:
A butternut squash! She's now over 14 inches tall and weighs about 2 lbs. And I can feel her growing/stretching every day!

Biggest craving right now:

That's easy! Still cinnamon rolls. But they have to be homemade or it's not worth it considering all the heartburn they bring on!

Weight gain:

I honestly haven't weighed myself in a few weeks! Partly because I don't dare know and the other because I don't want to focus on that. I know that as long as I'm getting bigger/rounder and she stays healthy that's all that matters. But I have been attending the gym EVERYDAY to make sure she's the only one growing! As well as to hopefully help for a quicker recovery and return to my target weight goal post-partum. 

Best moment this week:

That's a tie! Being able to physically see her kicking from the outside + my mom requested I put the phone up to my stomach so she can talk to her grandbaby. #cuepreganancytears

How I'm sleeping:

Sadly, I am already seeing that getting bigger has affected my sleeping. My schedule is still about the same but my comfort level while sleeping is down to about a 7. I can't be touching my stomach at all or it's uncomfortable. Plus baby girl gets very active just before bed. Of course ;)

Symptoms: 

  • I've noticed I can feel her moving and not just kicking! At times it feels like someone has inserted a small balloon into my abdomen and they are just slowly adding air to it. 
  • My body can also feel the change with the extra weight it's carrying off my belly now. My bones ache a little when walking but I could tie that to my new increased gym habits as well.
  • They weren't lying when they said those baby girls bring on A LOT of heartburn. I just hope and pray that the old wives' tale is true about her having lots and lots of hair to make up for this constant heartburn. Although I'll love her just as much if she comes out balder than an eagle ;)
I
New in life:

 The biggest is living in Georgia! We've officially been here for 2 weeks and I think I am finally getting used to my new schedule. Gym in the AM  with Paula (my new #armywife friend) + working for a few hours a day for STG Dental Care + laundry on days it's needed + attempting to cook dinner in a hotel room with very limited appliances + ending the day with round 2 at the gym or a nice walk with E. We try to find new ways to meet people or social events to attend on base so maybe that will bring some new faces & memories to our time here at Fort Gordon. 


Next Doctors Appointment: 

Thursday, August 30th @ 10:00 am 
 Fort Gordon Hospital

>This will be my first appointment since being on base and they are requiring me to meet with a family doctor to be established as a new patient before they will refer me to my new OB. 
> I am going just a little crazy not knowing who exactly is going to be delivering my baby or where. But I do have faith that Ethan and I made the right decision to have me come out here with him. To keep our family together + to allow him to witness all the milestones and challenges of pregnancy + and to be present for the birth of our first baby girl. 
> I absolutely know that if the medical need arose for me to return home to have the baby, Ethan wouldn't hesitate to put us first even if that meant he couldn't be there. I love that about him but I am doing everything in my power and outside my comfort zone to be here, with him, to start our forever family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment