Sunday, September 10, 2017

28 Weeks & Southern Utah



28 Weeks


Hello, 3rd Trimester!! Here's the update for those interested.

Biggest craving right now:

 Food. Any food. I think I may be out of the "craving" stage right now. My goal right now is just to eat well and enough to keep baby girl healthy. 

Baby is the size of:
A coconut. She weighs about 2.5 lbs and is almost 16 inches tall. She is getting so much bigger/stronger. Now it's more than just kicks. It's full on movements and pressure. I swear this last week she did a full on flip in there. Such a weird but cool feeling. I hope I never forget what it feels like to feel her growing and moving inside me. Random fact to remember: she favors my left side. It's where I feel all her kicks and see her movement the strongest. 

Best moment this week:

This week was such a blast. My sweet hubby let me leave him alone in Georgia at classes for a week so that I could go back to Utah and surprise my family at our annual reunion. The reaction from my parent was one I will never forget and made the whole 5-hour plane ride at 28 weeks worth it! If you know my mom at all, this reaction won't surprise you one bit. As much as I loved being home with family for a week, an equal best moment of this week was to come back "home" to Eth.  

How I'm sleeping:

I am officially a beached whale. When I try and roll over it takes a literal "humph" to get there or a good push when getting up from my unjudgmental husband. ;) I have been trying to avoid drinking too close to bedtime so I can cut back on my nighttime pit stops.  


Next Doctors Appointment:

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 @ 10:50
Fort Gordon Hospital 

  • I was scheduled with the chief of OB Dr. Seehusen ~ sounds like a man who knows what he's doing! And I found out they don't deliver on the base hospital (which is what scared me the most from horror stories I've been told) but that they are contracted with another hospital so we'll be delivering at one called Doctors Hospital which is in town. I'm registered for a tour and a bunch of free classes. They even have one just for new daddy's that Ethan willingly agreed to attend. You can never be too prepared.

  • I am getting my results back from the glucose test for Gestational Diabetes at this next visit. I don't think I have any of the symptoms in favor of it but it'll be reassuring to know for sure. Plus the test wasn't nearly as bad as everyone was warning me it would be. Maybe I just lucked out on a good flavor. ;)


Up next will be all about our week long visit with Ethan's parents in town! We visited some of the most amazing gardens and parks out here I hope we never forget.


PHOTOS FROM MY TRIP BACK TO SOUTHERN UTAH:

The best cousins in the world. Ethan wanted to talk to her!

This best brother spent a lot of his time accompanying me up the side of the hill to get service so I could check in with Ethan each day. We saw some pretty amazing sunsets from up here. Thanks, brother :)

Luckily I got to have lunch with my two favorite college girls while I was in town  + Berkley!

Grayson Spendlove Nephew #8 
This precious boy was born two days before we left to drive out to Georgia so we are still getting to know each other. I quite enjoyed our little nap together, he totally made me a little more anxious to get my baby girl here on the outside to cuddle with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment