Saturday, January 24, 2015

Heaven on Earth

  “The Lord will bless us as we attend to the sacred ordinance work of the temples. Blessings there will not be limited to our temple service. We will be blessed in all of our affairs” 


The temple is one of my favorite places. Whitney, Adam, Skyler, and Melissa invited us to go do sealings with them for some of the Stephan family names they had found. Sadly, this was the first time going with my siblings since we were all there for my wedding last year. We missed having Shayli and Tyson there because Tyson had to work unfortunately. It was such a special moment to be with my siblings and their spouses walking hand in hand up to the sealing room. I couldn't help but  think about the wonderful blessing that it is to witness my siblings (and parents) in such happy and healthy relationships. It's all too common for divorces and affairs to be happening in the world that it reminds me every time just how blessed we are. I am grateful for all of these relationships we have to pattern our marriage after. I know that they are as strong and loving as they are because of the choices they make. One for instance is, attending the temple together. I hear people say all the time they wish they could relive their wedding day...you basically can. Participating in a sealing is so wonderful because it gives you the chance to hear those covenants you made to one another and to God, and to be reminded of the blessings you will receive for being worthy and faithful to one another. Our sealer took a moment afterwards to thank us all for coming and to tell us how important it was that we chose to spend our time together doing something so incredibly important when we could have been out hiking, or swimming, eating, or anything really. I couldn't help but think of how Shayli and Tyson weren't with us. But I was extremely grateful at that moment to know it was not because they chose not to be, or were unworthy to be. I'm so grateful to have a family all so strong and active in the gospel. Ones who are true to their spouses and there for their family. For our family. I am blessed. I love this gospel and the knowledge that we have of eternal families. I'm grateful for the blessings of the temples and for the chance that we have to go and do our part to help someone else receive all the blessings and promises God has in store for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment