Thursday, October 29, 2015

Save a Sister II YEAR 3


Third year running this race with Shannon and I'm only more impressed with her strength. For as long as I've known her she's never let "her condition" limit her. She beat cancer and she never stops pushing herself. No matter where we are or what we're doing, if she hasn't gotten in her steps for the day (her goal is 10,000 per day) she'll take off walking. For example, driving back from Idaho a few months ago she hadn't met her daily goal so when we stopped at a gas station, off she went walking the parking lot a few times. No excuses! We had been training for this race since last October. Every (well almost) Monday morning at 6:30 am we'd run our 3 miles behind Sullivan park on the virgin river trails. However, in August I started my new job and was no longer able to run with her. Loosing my running partner would mean loosing my routine and drive to go early every Monday. That didn't stop Momma Janson. She kept with it and it clearly showed in the race Saturday. Honestly Steve and I struggled to keep up with her. She improved her time and placed 2nd in her age group. In fact, our whole crew placed and received trophies. No big deal. ;) Next year will be her 5 year mark! She's already committed the whole family to come run it with her. Can't wait to run with the whole Janson clan! 


 
 







2 comments:

  1. So fun! When I come back we totally have to run a race together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes we do!! I see trevor has kept up with the running out there and is killing it! How fun!! We WILL make it out there someday, hopefully soon!!

    ReplyDelete